You need to meet environment prerequisites for querying Iceberg tables in CDP. You learn which query editors are supported and which roles are required.
The following list covers prerequisites for using Iceberg.
- You are using the CDP Private Cloud Data Warehouse Data Service.
- Your Base cluster must be Cloudera Private Cloud Base 7.1.9 (Open Data Lakehouse) to use Iceberg GA-certified features.
- You must have the role: DWUser.
- You must obtain permission to run SQL queries from the Env Admin, who must add you to the Hadoop SQL Storage Handler and the Hadoop SQL policies.
Migrating from Impala Prerequisites
- The original table is an EXTERNAL table from the Impala perspective: The EXTERNAL table property value is true.
- The original table is a non-ACID table.
- You have “ALL” privileges on the database containing the table.