Creating your first dataflow
You can create an automated dataflow using the Cloudera Edge Management (CEM) UI. Simply drag components from the toolbar to the canvas, configure the components to meet specific needs, and connect the components together.
- Click the Design icon () to navigate to the designer.The Open Flow screen appears, as shown in the following image:
- Select the class you want to create the dataflow in and click
For example, select minifi-java-latest.The Design screen appears, as shown in the following image:
- Drag the PROCESSOR option onto the canvas.The Add Processor dialog appears, as shown in the following image:
- Select a processor and click the Add button to add the selected
processor to the canvas at the location that it was dropped.
Alternatively, you can double-click on a processor type to add it to the canvas.
For example, add GenerateFlowFile processor.
- Double-click on the processor, or right-click on the processor and select
Configure from the context menu to configure the processor
properties.The Configuration dialog appears, as shown in the following image:
- Configure the processor properties, and click the Apply button to apply the changes.
- Follow steps 3-6 to add another processor and configure the processor properties.
For example, add LogAttribute processor.
- To connect the processors, hover the mouse over the GenerateFlowFile processor.An arrow appears as shown in the following image:
- Drag the arrow from the GenerateFlowFile processor to the LogAttribute processor until the
LogAttribute processor is highlighted, and then release the mouse.A Create Connection dialog appears as shown in the following image:
- Select Add to create the connection.
- To change the configuration of a connection, right-click on the connection and select the
Configure option, or double-click on the connection.The Configuration dialog opens as shown in the following image:
- Configure the connection properties and click the Apply button to apply the changes.
- To publish a dataflow and make it available to all agents associated with its class, select
Publish from the ACTIONS drop-down menu on
the canvas.The Publish Flow dialog appears as shown in the following image:
- Enter comments if desired, and click Publish.
For more information on the above actions, see Building a DataFlow.