In-place Migration of HDF to CFM on CDP
Review the steps to upgrade from HDF to CFM on CDP Private Cloud Base. Learn the general steps required to move your NiFi dataflow and NiFi Registry versioned flows from an HDF cluster to a CFM cluster on CDP Private Cloud Base.
Cloudera encourages you to read through this entire document before starting the upgrade process, so that you understand the interdependencies and order of the steps. Cloudera also recommends that you validate these steps in a test environment to adjust and account for any special configurations for your cluster. The high-level steps for the in-place migration are:
- Review the supported upgrade paths.
- Gather information on your deployment.
- Collect the Cloudera Manager license.
- Plan how and when to begin your upgrade.
- Upgrade to the latest version of HDF.
- Download Ambari blueprint.
- Install Cloudera Manager.
- Generate Cloudera Manager Deployment template using the AM2CM tool.
- Configure Cloudera Manager, and import the Deployment template.
- Download, distribute, and activate the corresponding version of Cloudera Runtime parcels using Cloudera Manager.
- Start the corresponding versions of CDP and CFM using Cloudera Manager.