Cloudera Manager integration
The NiFi service of Cloudera Flow Management (CFM) is integrated with Cloudera Manager on CDP Private Cloud Base.
Cloudera Manager monitoring
Metrics and graphs for the NiFi service are available starting with version CFM 2.1.4 and it requires Cloudera Manager 7.4.5 or higher.
This endpoint is called by the Cloudera Manager agent running on each NiFi node and the identity of the node is used to make the call. If Ranger is used for authorization, the calls are authorized as the nodes belong to the nifi group.
Cloudera Manager alerting
Multiple health checks are configured out of the box for the NiFi service in Cloudera Manager:
- NiFi node connection
- It checks if the NiFi node is disconnected or not from the NiFi cluster. This can help to detect cluster instability in case the NiFi node is up and running but the node is not part of the NiFi cluster. The check executes the NiFi CLI get-nodes command on each NiFi node, which calls the corresponding NiFi API. If Ranger is used for authorization, the health check isauthorized as the nodes belong to the nifi group.
- NiFi Content repository usage
- It is used to check how much disk space is used on the Content repository.
- NiFi Provenance repository usage
- It is used to check how much disk space is used on the Provenance repository.
- NiFi FlowFile repository usage
- It is used to check how much disk space is used on the FlowFile repository.