Google Cloud Vision - Start Annotate Files Operation
- Make sure Vision API is enabled and the account you are using has the right to use it
- Make sure the input file(s) are available in a GCS bucket
StartGcpVisionAnnotateFilesOperation is designed to trigger file annotation operations. This processor should be used in pair with the GetGcpVisionAnnotateFilesOperationStatus Processor.
Outgoing FlowFiles contain the raw response to the request returned by the Vision server. The response is in JSON format and contains the result and additional metadata as written in the Google Vision API Reference documents.
The JSON Payload is a request in JSON format as documented in the Google Vision REST API reference document.
Payload can be fed to the processor via the
JSON Payload property or as a FlowFile content. The property has higher precedence over FlowFile content.
Please make sure to delete the default value of the property if you want to use FlowFile content payload.
A JSON payload template example:
You can find more details at Google Vision Feature List
- TEXT_DETECTION: Optical character recognition (OCR) for an image; text recognition and conversion to machine-coded text. Identifies and extracts UTF-8 text in an image.
- DOCUMENT_TEXT_DETECTION: Optical character recognition (OCR) for a file (PDF/TIFF) or dense text image; dense text recognition and conversion to machine-coded text.
Example: How to setup a simple Annotate Image Flow
- Input files should be available in a GCS bucket
- This bucket must not contain anything else but the input files
Create the following flow
Create an input and output bucket
Make sure the input files(s) are available in the input GCS bucket
Set the bucket property of ListGCSBucket processor to your input bucket name
Keep the default value of JSON PAYLOAD property in StartGcpVisionAnnotateFilesOperation
Set the Output Bucket property to your output bucket name in StartGcpVisionAnnotateFilesOperation
Setup GCP Credentials Provider Service for all GCP related processor
- ListGCSBucket processor will return a list of files in the bucket at the first run.
- ListGCSBucket will return only new items at subsequent runs.
- StartGcpVisionAnnotateFilesOperation processor will trigger GCP Vision file annotation jobs based on the JSON payload.
- StartGcpVisionAnnotateFilesOperation processor will populate the
operationKey flow file attribute.
- GetGcpVisionAnnotateFilesOperationStatus processor will periodically query status of the job.