You filter logs by selecting a time range and specifying filter parameters.
- Specify any of the log filter parameters:
- Search Phrase - A string to match against the log message content. The search is case-insensitive, and the string can be a regular expression, such that wildcards and other regular expression primitives are supported.
- Select Sources - A list of all the service instances and roles currently instantiated in your cluster. By default, all services and roles are selected to be included in your log search; the All Sources checkbox lets you select or clear all services and roles in one operation. You can expand each service and limit the search to specific roles by selecting or clearing individual roles.
- Hosts - The hosts to be included in the search. As soon as you start typing a hostname, Cloudera Manager provides a list of hosts that match the partial name. You can add multiple names, separated by commas. The default is to search all hosts.
- Minimum Log Level - The minimum severity level for messages to be included in the search results. Results include all log entries at the selected level or higher. This defaults to WARN (that is, a search will return log entries with severity of WARN, ERROR, or FATAL only.
- Search Timeout - A time (in seconds) after which the search will time out. The default is 20 seconds.
- Results per Page - The number of results (log entries) to be displayed per page.
- Click Search. The Logs list displays the log entries that match the specified filter.