Monitoring Dynamic Resource Pools
You can monitor dynamic resource pools. A dynamic resource pool is a named configuration of resources and a policy for scheduling the resources among YARN applications and Impala queries running in the pool.
- To view dynamic resource pools, go to the YARN service.
- Click the Resource Pools tab.
- Click a duration link at the top right of the charts to change
the time period for which the resource usage displays.
- Status - a summary of the virtual CPU cores and memory that can be allocated by the YARN scheduler.
Resource Pools Usage - a list of pools that have been
explicitly configured and pools created by YARN, and properties of
the pools. The Configuration link takes you
to the Dynamic Resource Pool Configuration page.
- Allocated Memory - The memory assigned to the pool that is currently allocated to applications and queries.
- Allocated VCores - The number of virtual CPU cores assigned to the pool that are currently allocated to applications and queries.
- Allocated Containers - The number of YARN containers assigned to the pool whose resources have been allocated.
- Pending Containers - The number of YARN containers assigned to the pool whose resources are pending.