Backing up the Cloudera Manager configuration
Steps to export the Cloudera Manager configuration.
Minimum Required Role: Cluster Administrator (also provided by Full Administrator) This feature is not available when using Cloudera Manager to manage Data Hub clusters.
- Disable redaction. The JSON file will contain all the configurations, including sensitive information and can be used to restore the Cloudera Manager configuration.
- Replace the redacted information. The JSON will contain the word "REDACTED" where sensitive information was redacted. Replace these values with the correct values before restoring the Cloudera Manager configuration.
- (Optional) If you want to export the
configuration without redaction, you can disable redaction by setting
a JVM parameter:
- Log in the Cloudera Manager server host using ssh.
- Edit the
/etc/default/cloudera-scm-serverfile by adding the following property (separate each property with a space) to the line that begins with export CMF_JAVA_OPTS.
export CMF_JAVA_OPTS="-Xmx2G -Dcom.cloudera.api.redaction=false"
- Restart Cloudera Manager:
sudo service cloudera-scm-server restart
- Export the Cloudera Manager configuration:
- Log in to a host that has network access to the Cloudera Manager server host using ssh.
- Run the following command:
# curl -u admin_uname:admin_pass "http://cm_server_host:7180/api/v43/cm/deployment" > path_to_file/cm-deployment.jsonWhere:
admin_unameis a username with either the Full Administrator or Cluster Administrator role.
admin_passis the password for the admin_uname username.
cm_server_hostis the hostname of the Cloudera Manager server.
path_to_fileis the path to the file where you want to save the configuration.