Configuring Activity Monitoring
The Activity Monitor monitors the MapReduce MRv1 jobs running on your cluster. This also includes the higher-level activities, such as Pig, Hive, and Oozie workflows that run as MapReduce tasks. You can monitor for slow-running jobs or jobs that fail, and alert on these events.
Minimum Required Role: Configurator (also provided by Cluster Administrator, Limited Cluster Administrator , and Full Administrator)
- Go to the MapReduce service.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- Select .
- Click the Monitoring category.
- Specify one or more activity duration rules.
- Enter a Reason for change, and then click Save Changes to commit the changes.
- Click the Cloudera Manager logo to return to the Home page.
- Click the icon that is next to any stale services to invoke the cluster restart wizard.