Enabling and Configuring Static Service Pools
To enable and configure static service pools, you enter the percentage of resources to allocate to each service and then restart the cluster.
Minimum Required Role: Cluster Administrator (also provided by Full Administrator) This feature is not available when using Cloudera Manager to manage Data Hub clusters.
- Select .
- Click the Configuration tab. The Step 1 of 4: Basic Allocation Setup page displays. In each field in the basic allocation table, enter the percentage of resources to give to each service. The total must add up to 100%.
- Click Continue to
proceed.Step 2: Review Changes - The allocation of resources for each resource type and role displays with the new values as well as the values previously in effect. The values for each role are set by role group; if there is more than one role group for a given role type (for example, for RegionServers or DataNodes) then resources will be allocated separately for the hosts in each role group.
- Take note of changed settings. If you have previously
customized these settings, check these over carefully:
- Click the to the right of each percentage to display the allocations for a single service. Click to the right of the Total (100%) to view all the allocations in a single page.
- Click the Back button to go to the previous page and change your allocations.
- When you are satisfied with the allocations, click
Continue.The Step 3 of 4: Restart Services page displays.
- To apply the new allocation percentages, click Restart Now to restart the cluster. To skip this step, click Restart Later. If HDFS High Availability is enabled, you will have the option to choose a rolling restart.
- Step 4 of 4: Progress displays the status of the restart commands. Click Finished after the restart commands complete.
- Delete everything under the local directory path on NodeManager hosts. The local directory path is configurable, and can be verified in Cloudera Manager with .
- Enable cgroups for resource management. You can enable cgroups in Cloudera Manager with .
- If you are using the optional Impala scratch directory, delete all files in the Impala scratch directory. The directory path is configurable, and can be verified in Cloudera Manager with .