Adding a Service
After using the Management Console to set up a cluster, you can add additional services.
When adding a service in CDP Public Cloud, you use the Host Templates created during set up of the cluster to add role groups for each of the roles in a service. You cannot add a role directly to a host. After adding the appropriate role group to the Host Template, you can scale up the cluster by applying the Host Template to the host. You can then re-apply the Host Template to all hosts, or you can scale up the cluster by applying a Host Template to the new hosts.
Each role should be assigned to a Host Template that is configured for master, worker, or gateway roles. Templates for master roles usually assign the role to a single host. Templates for worker or gateway hosts can assign roles to multiple hosts.
Minimum Required Role: Limited Cluster Administrator (also provided by Full Administrator and Cluster Administrator)
- On the tab, click to the right of the cluster name and select Add a Service. A list of service types display. You can add one type of service at a time.
- Select a service and click Continue. If you are missing required binaries, a pop-up displays asking if you want to continue with adding the service.
- Select the services on which the new service should depend. All
services must depend on the same ZooKeeper service. Click
Continue.The Assign Templates page displays.
- A list of roles displays on the page. For each role, select a Host template for the role. To see the current allocation of roles and role groups, click the View By Host Template button.
- Click Continue
- Review and modify configuration settings, such as data
directory paths and heap sizes and click
Continue. The service is started.
- Click Continue then click Finish. You are returned to the home page.
- Verify the new service is started properly by checking the health status for the new service. If the Health Status is Good, then the service started properly.