Creating a Trigger for Memory Capacity
To create a memory usage trigger:
- In Cloudera Manager, go to the Hosts page.
- Click a link in the Name column to open a host status page.
- In the Health Tests section, click Create Trigger.
- On the New Trigger page, enter the name Resident Memory In Use.
- In Expression, set these metric
- Scalar Function: Min.
- Metric: mem_rss.
- Comparator: > (greater than).
- Scalar Value: 1.75GB. (This is a low value for demonstration purposes, so that it will trigger the action. In practice, use a value that more accurately reflects the memory limits of your cluster.)
- Set Action to Mark as
bad.As you work, the Preview shows the resulting chart and current status of your host.
- Scroll down and choose whether to apply this trigger to All hosts.
- Click Create Trigger.