Viewing a Job's Task Attempts
You can view a job's task attempts to inspect statistics about the performance of and resources used by the task attempts spawned by a selected job.
- From the Clusters tab, in the section marked Other, select
the activity you want to inspect.
- If the activity is a MapReduce job, the Tasks tab opens.
- If the activity is a Pig, Hive, or Oozie activity, select the job you want to inspect from the activity's Children tab to open the Tasks tab.
The columns shown under the Tasks tab display statistics about the performance of and resources used by the task attempts spawned by the selected job. By default only a subset of the possible metrics are displayed — you can modify the columns that are displayed to add or remove the columns in the display.The status of an attempt is shown in the Attempt Status column:
The attempt is running.
The attempt has succeeded.
The attempt has failed.
The attempt has been unassigned.
The attempt has been killed.
The attempt's final state is unknown.
- Click the task ID to view details of the individual task.
- Optionally, use the Zoom to Duration button to zoom the Time Range Selector to the exact time range spanned by the activity whose tasks you are viewing.