Known Issues in Cloudera Manager 7.6.2
Known issues in Cloudera Manager 7.6.2
- OPSAPS-63640: Monitoring a high number of Kafka producers might cause Cloudera Manager to slow down and run out of memory
- This issue has two workarounds. You can either configure a
Kafka producer metric allow list or completely disable producer metrics.
- Configure a Kafka producer metric allow list:A producer metric allow list can be configured by adding the following properties to Kafka Broker Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) for kafka.properties.
producer.metrics.whitelist.enabled=true producer.metrics.whitelist=[***ALLOW LIST REGEX***]
Replace [***ALLOW LIST REGEX***] with a regular expression matching the
client.idof the producers that you want to add to the allow list. This regular expression uses the
java.util.regex.Patternclass to compile the regular expression, and uses the
match()method on the
client.idto determine whether it fits the regular expression.
Once configured, the metrics of producers whose
client.iddoes not match the regular expression provided in
producer.metrics.whitelistare filtered.Kafka no longer reports these metrics through the HTTP metrics endpoint. Additionally, existing metrics of the producers whose
client.iddoes not match the regular expression are deleted.
Because the allow list filters metrics based on the
client.idof the producers, you must ensure that the
client.idproperty is specified in each producer's configuration. Automatically generated client IDs might cause the number of unnecessary metrics to increase even if an allow list is configured.
- Completely disable producer metrics:
Producer metrics can be completely disabled by unchecking the Enable Producer Metrics Kafka service property.
- Configure a Kafka producer metric allow list: