What's new in CSA Community Edition
Learn about the new features of Cloudera Streaming Analytics (CSA) Community Edition 1.6.0.
- Apache Flink upgrade
- Apache Flink 1.14 is supported in Cloudera Streaming Analytics 1.6.0.
- For more information on what is included in the Apache Flink 1.14 version, see the Apache Flink 1.14 Release Post and the Apache Flink 1.14 Release Notes.
- Custom connectors and data formats
You are able to add new connectors and data formats, and also modify the default and predefined connectors and data formats using Streaming SQL Console to further customize your Streaming SQL jobs.
For more information, see the Supported connectors and Managing connectors sections.
- SQL job migration tool
- With the SQL job migration tool you can migrate you can export and import your SQL jobs with configurations from one cluster to another using the API Explorer or Command Line Interface (CLI).
- For more information, see the Using the SQL job migration tool section.
- REST API extended support
- The SQL Stream Builder REST API is extended with more job, session and query management operations for Flink and SSB. There is also a direct link for the REST API Explorer from Cloudera Manager and from Streaming SQL Console as well.
- For the list of newly added operations and more information about the SSB REST API, see the Using the SSB REST API section.
- Flink Dashboard access
- Flink Dashboard is added to the Streaming SQL Console main menu for easier job monitoring access. The SSB Team authorization feature is also extended to Flink Dashboard which means that only those jobs can be monitored in Flink Dashboard that belong to the team a user is assigned to.
- For more information, see the Managing Team and Job monitoring sections.
- Support for PostgreSQL JDCB and CDC
- The PostgreSQL JDBC and Change Data Capture (CDC) connectors is supported in CSA Community Edition.