Key features of SSB
SQL Stream Builder (SSB) within Cloudera supports out-of-box integration with Flink. Using Flink SQL, you can create tables directly from the Streaming SQL Console window or built-in templates. For integration with Business Intelligence tools you can create Materialized Views.
- Flink SQL
- SQL Stream Builder allows you to use Data Definition Language (DDL), Data Manipulation Language (DML) and Query Language directly from the Streaming SQL Console.
- For more information about the supported Flink SQL statements, see the Flink SQL statements section.
- Built-in Templates
- The Build-in Templates in SSB allows you to quickly and simply create tables for your SQL queries. You only need to provide the connection and job specific information to the template to use it in SSB.
- Streaming SQL Console
- SSB comes with an interactive user interface that allows you to easily create, and manage your SQL jobs in one place. It allows you to create and iterate on SQL statements with robust tooling and capabilities. Query parsing is logged to the console, and results are sampled back to the interface to help with iterating on the SQL statement as required.
- Materialized Views
- SSB has the capability to materialize results from a Streaming SQL query to a persistent view of the data that can be read through REST and over the PG wire protocol. Applications can use this mechanism to query streams of data in a way of high performance without deploying additional database systems. Materialized Views are built into the SQL Stream Builder service, and require no configuration or maintenance. The Materialized Views act like a special kind of sink, and can even be used in place of a sink. They require no indexing, storage allocation, or specific management.
- Input Transform
- User Defined Functions