Known issues and limitations
Learn about the known issues in Flink and SQL Stream Builder, the impact or changes to the functionality, and the workaround in Cloudera Streaming Analytics 1.10.0.
SQL Stream Builder
- CSA-4858 - Kerberos encryption type detection does not always work correctly for SSB
- SSB detects no supported encryption types even though there is a
list of allowed encryption types in the
krb5.conffile. This causes an error when generating keytabs from the principal and password pair.
ktutilon your cluster.
- Change the configuration with the following
addent -password -p <username> -k 1 -e aes256-cts wkt /tmp/new_keytab.keytab
- Upload the new keytab on Streaming SQL Console.
- CSA-4800 - ToString of Job can cause stack overflow
jobLogItemscan cause stack overflow errors when
- CSA-4799 - Table Metadata is not saved when job is run via sql/execute
SqlExecutorService.persistIfNeededAndExecutedoes not save the table metadata before executing the SQL job, therefore the data cleaner of the Materialized View Engine does not clean up the data based on the retention settings.
- CSA-4699 - Keytab upload starts failing in SSB after some time, requiring a restart
/tmp/ssb_keytab_work_diris removed after a period of time and SSB can no longer create keytabs as the directory does not exist anymore.
- Restart the SSB service to recreate the directory for the keytabs.
- CSA-4650: Inconsistent sidebar collapse behavior
- The sidebar is collapsed inconsistently on the homepage of Streaming SQL Console when opening a project.
- Limitations when configuring widgets
- The following widget configuration optionns are not available
for certain widgets on Streaming SQL Console:
- Gauge visualization type: Expand on hover, Unit
- Donut visualization type: Expand on hover, Title
- Pie visualization type: Expand on hover
- Upgrading to CSA 1.10 requires additional step
- When upgrading to Streaming Analytics 1.10, the Update Admin Database step will fail during the upgrade process.
- Select Repair Admin Database when the Update Admin Database process fails, and then complete the Update Admin Database process again.
- Auto discovery is not supported for Apache Knox
- You need to manually configure Knox with SQL Stream Builder to enable Knox authentication.
- Complete the configuration based on the CDP Private Cloud Base version you use. For more information, see the Enabling Knox authentication for SSB documentation.
- SSB service fails when using Active Directory (AD) Kerberos authentication
- If you use AD Kerberos for authentication and the Load Balancer URL is not provided, it can cause the SQL Stream Builder (SSB) service to fail. The issue is caused by the keytab generation. When the keytab is generated by Cloudera Manager it requires the principals from the AD for the Load Balancer host, and without no host specified for the Load Balancer, the SSB service cannot be started by Cloudera Manager. This issue also persists when the Load Balancer role is not deployed or used with SSB.
- Fill out the Load Balancer URL parameter in Cloudera Manager regardless of using Load Balancer with SSB. For more information, see the Enabling High Availability for SSB documentation.
In Cloudera Streaming Analytics, the following SQL API features are in preview:
- Match recognize
- Stream-Table join (without rowtime input)
- DataStream conversion limitations
- Converting between Tables and POJO DataStreams is currently not supported in CSA.
- Object arrays are not supported for Tuple conversion.
java.timeclass conversions for Tuple DataStreams are only supported by using explicit
java.sql.Timestampis supported for rowtime conversion,
java.time.LocalDateTimeis not supported.
- Kudu catalog limitations
- Primary keys can only be set by the
kudu.primary-key-columnsproperty. Using the
PRIMARY KEYconstraint is not yet possible.
- Range partitioning is not supported.
- Primary keys can only be set by the
- When getting a table through the catalog,
PRIMARY KEYconstraints are ignored. All columns are described as being nullable, and not being primary keys.
- Kudu tables cannot be altered through the catalog other than simply renaming them.
- Schema Registry catalog limitations
- Currently, the Schema Registry catalog / format only supports reading messages with the latest enabled schema for any given Kafka topic at the time when the SQL query was compiled.
- No time-column and watermark support for Registry tables.
CREATE TABLEsupport. Schemas have to be registered directly in the
SchemaRegistryto be accessible through the catalog.
- The catalog is read-only. It does not support table deletions or modifications.
- By default, it is assumed that Kafka message values contain the schema id as a
prefix, because this is the default behaviour for the
SchemaRegistryKafka producer format. To consume messages with schema written in the header, the following property must be set for the Registry client: