Adding Hive as Catalog
You need to add Hive as a Catalog using the Streaming SQL Console in SQL Stream Builder (SSB) to create Hive tables with Flink DDL.
- Make sure that you have Hive service on your cluster.
- Make sure that you have the right permissions set in Ranger.
Navigate to the Streaming SQL Console.
The Streaming SQL Console opens in a new window.
- Go to your cluster in Cloudera Manager.
- Select SQL Stream Builder from the list of services.
- Click SQLStreamBuilder Console.
- Click Data Providers from the main menu.
Click Register Catalog.
The Add Catalog window appears.
- Add a Name to your catalog.
- Select Hive from the Catalog Type drop-down.
Click on Add Filter.
- Provide a Database and Table filter if you want to select specific tables to use from the catalog.
- Click on Validate.
- If the validation is successful, click Add Tables.