The Blackhole connector can be used a sink where you can write any type of data into. The Blackhole connector works out of the box, no mandatory field is required to use the connector. The Blackhole connector is useful when you want to experiment and try out SQL Stream Builder or to test your SQL queries using random data.
- Template: blackhole
- You do not need to provide any type of information when using the Blackhole connector and template.
- Type: sink
Using the Blackhole connector
You can access and import the templates of the Blackhole connector from Streaming SQL Console:
- Navigate to the Streaming SQL Console.
- Go to your cluster in Cloudera Manager.
- Click on SQL Stream Builder from the list of Services.
- Click on the SQLStreamBuilder Console.
The Streaming SQL Console opens in a new window.
- Click Create Job or select a previous job on the Getting Started page.
- Click Templates at the SQL Editor.
- Select the Blackhole template.
The template is imported to the SQL window.
- Click Execute.