When using the Filesystem connector, you can choose between HDFS, S3 and so on storage systems. Based on the connector type you choose, there are mandatory fields where you must provide the correct information.
- Template: filesystem
- Using either HDFS, S3 or any type of storage system. When you use the Filesystem connector, you must specify the path to the file system which are going to be used for the connection.
- Type: source/sink
- The following fields are mandatory to use the connector:
path: Path to the root directory of the table data. No default value is specified.
format: The format used to for the file system. No default value is specified.
Using the Filesystem connector
You can access and import the templates of the Filesystem connector from Streaming SQL Console:
- Navigate to the Streaming SQL Console.
- Go to your cluster in Cloudera Manager.
- Click on SQL Stream Builder from the list of Services.
- Click on the SQLStreamBuilder Console.
The Streaming SQL Console opens in a new window.
- Click Create Job or select a previous job on the Getting Started page.
- Click Templates at the SQL Editor.
- Select the Filesystem template.
The template is imported to the SQL window.
- Provide information to the mandatory fields of the template.
- Click Execute.