Adjusting logging configuration in Advanced Settings
You can customize the logging configurations for the SQL Stream Builder (SSB) job on the Streaming SQL Console in per-job mode or session mode. Adjusting the log configuration enables you to control the log levels of all the underlying libraries: Flink, Hadoop, Kafka, Zookeeper, other common libraries, and connectors to get more or less information in your job’s log.
- Session mode
execution.targetis set to yarn-session mode, this is the default execution mode.
- The log configuration is set at the start time if the Flink YARN session is applied to every job execution. For example, the current log configuration is applied if and only if the Flink YARN session is not set on the Session tab of the Compose page.
- Per-job mode
execution.targetis set to yarn-per-job mode.
- When you change the default execution mode to per-job, the currently
applied log configuration is going to be used for the job. To configure
the execution mode, you need to start the SQL query with the following
Click Create Job or select a previous job on the
Getting Started page.
You are redirected to the Console page.
- Select Job Settings from the Compose page.
- Modify the settings based on your requirements.
- Close the Job Settings window.
- Click Save to save the job settings.
- Add and execute a SQL statement.
- Click SQL Jobs.
- Search for the job you have executed previously.
Click Flink Dashboard.
The Flink Dashboard opens in a new window.
.The log information appears in the log window based on your custom configurations.