Create Asset Collections
You can group data assets into Asset Collections. This enables you to organize data based on business classifications, purpose, protection requirements, or more. Examples of Asset Collections are: customer profiles, sales assets, financials, PII, and HR data.
- From the Asset Collection page, click Add Asset Collection.
The Add page appears.
- Enter the following information.
Enter an appropriate Asset Collection name. This name cannot be duplicated across the system. (Mandatory)
Customer Profiles, Sales Assets, Financials
Describe the purpose or intent of the Asset Collection. (Mandatory)
Contains customer profiles: data assets for US and WW.
Assign the Asset Collection to one Datalake. Choose from a list of available Datalakes. (Mandatory)
Add tags to your asset collection for context and subsequent lookup. Tags enable your to quickly catalog, search and retrieve asset collections as well as share such information with others in the future. (Optional)
se, pii, geo, finance
Select public if you want other users to have access to this asset collection. Select private if only you want to have access to this asset collection.
The Asset Collection Details page appears for the new asset collection.
- Click Add Assets to add related data assets into your asset collection.
The Asset Search page appears.
- Search for assets using Basic Search.
- Search using the name of the asset by entering the name in the search bar.
- Use filters to search for specific assets based on the attributes of assets.
Click Filter to display the filters available.
- Created Time: From the dropdown list, select the time to refine the search on the basis of when the asset has been created.
- Owner: Enter the name of the owner to refine the search on the basis of the owners of the assets.
- DB Name: Enter the name of the database.
- Tag: Enter the names of the tags.
- Select one more than one filter if needed.
- Click Search to view the assets. The Results appear.
- Click Reset to reset the filters and search again.
- From the list, click to select the assets that you like to add to your asset collection.
- Search for assets using Advanced Search, if needed. Advanced search uses facets of technical and business metadata about the assets, such as those captured in Apache Atlas, to help users define and build collections of interest. Advanced search conditions are a subset of attributes for the Apache Atlas type hive_table.
- Click Done.
The assets are added to the asset collection and the Search page is refreshed.
- Close the Search tab.
The Asset Collection Details page appears.
- Click Save.