Scheduling jobs in Cloudera Data Engineering
Jobs in Cloudera Data Engineering (CDE) can be run on demand, or scheduled to run on an ongoing basis. The following instructions demonstrate how to create or modify a schedule for an existing job.
- Navigate to the Cloudera Data Engineering Overview page by clicking the Data Engineering tile in the Cloudera Data Platform (CDP) management console.
- In the Environments column, select the environment containing the virtual cluster where you want to schedule the job.
- In the Virtual Clusters column on the right, click the View Jobs icon on the virtual cluster containing the job you want to schedule.
- Click the Actions menu next to the application, and then click Configuration.
- Click the Configure.
- Click the Advanced Configurations link at the bottom of the page to view additional configuration parameters.
- Select the Schedule toggle, and then set
the Start time, End
time, and Cron
expression.The start and end times designate the time frame for which the schedule is active. The Cron expression uses the
cronscheduling syntax to specify when the application should run within the start and end times. For information and examples of the
cronsyntax, see the Cron entry on Wikipedia.
- If you want to start a job immediately, check the Start job box.
- Click Update to save your changes.