Create a cluster from a definition on AWS
You can quickly create clusters from default or custom cluster definitions within an existing AWS environment.
- Log in to the CDP web interface.
Navigate to the Management Console > Environments > click on an
environment where you would like to create a cluster > click Create Data Hub. The
following page is displayed:
- Select Cluster Definition.
From the Cluster Definition dropdown, select the cluster definition that you
would like to use for your cluster.
The cluster template referenced in the selected cluster definition determines which services are included in the cluster. The list of services is automatically shown below the selected cluster definition name:
Specify General Settings for your cluster:
Parameter Description Cluster Name Enter a name for your cluster. The name must be between 5 and 40 characters, must start with a letter, and must only include lowercase letters, numbers, and hyphens. Tags (Optional) Add tags that Data Hub should use to tag your AWS resources. Click Add to add a tag, and then enter a key and value for each tag. Repeat the steps if you would like to add more tags. For more information about tags, refer to Tags.
- Optionally, click on Advanced Options to modify advanced cluster settings. For more information on these options, refer to Advanced cluster options.
- On AWS and Azure only: Optionally, when you have finished providing the cluster settings, you can click the Show CLI Command button at the bottom of the page to review or copy the CDP CLI command used to create the cluster. You can copy the command from the pop-up window that appears, either to provision the cluster later or for use in scripts.
- You also have the option to review or copy the cluster template that is generated and will be used in cluster creation. Click the Show Generated Cluster Template button at the bottom of the page.
- To proceed with cluster provisioning immediately, click on Provision Cluster.
You will be redirected to the Data Hub cluster dashboard, and a new tile representing
your cluster will appear at the top of the page.
The following messages are written to the event history as your cluster is being created:
Cluster built; Cluster manager ip:10.97.82.237 8/2/2019, 6:10:44 PM Updating Cluster Proxy service with gateway configuration 8/2/2019, 6:10:43 PM Building cluster; Cluster manager ip:10.97.82.237 8/2/2019, 5:45:12 PM Starting cluster services 8/2/2019, 5:42:33 PM Mounting attached disks 8/2/2019, 5:42:18 PM Setting up infrastructure metadata 8/2/2019, 5:42:14 PM Bootstrapping infrastructure cluster 8/2/2019, 5:41:59 PM Registering cluster with Cluster Proxy service 8/2/2019, 5:41:57 PM Infrastructure successfully provisioned 8/2/2019, 5:41:56 PM Billing started, Infrastructure successfully provisioned 8/2/2019, 5:41:56 PM Infrastructure metadata collection finished 8/2/2019, 5:41:55 PM Infrastructure creation took 96 seconds 8/2/2019, 5:41:52 PM Creating infrastructure 8/2/2019, 5:40:16 PM Setting up CDP image 8/2/2019, 5:40:15 PM
- When your cluster is ready, its status will change to Running.