Set workload password
A workload password is used to access Data Hub clusters via SSH, endpoints such as JDBC/ODBC, and some UIs such as DAS.
Required role: All users can manage their workload passwords from the account management page. All users can manage their workload password from CDP CLI, but this action requires an API access key, which can only be generated by users with the IAMUser role. As a CDP administrator or PowerUser, you can manage the workload password for all user accounts.
The workload password is independent from your SSO password.
To set or reset the password:
- Sign in to the CDP web interface.
- Navigate to Management Console > User Management.
- Search for your user name, and then click your user name:
- Click Set Password for User:
- In the dialog box that appears, enter the workload password twice:
- Click Set Workload Password.