Register a recipe
In order to use your recipe for clusters, you must first register it with the Management Console.
- Place your script in a network location accessible from Management Console and from the virtual network in which your clusters are located.
- Log in to the CDP web interface.
Navigate to the Management Console > Environments > External Sources > Recipes >
- Provide the following:
Parameter Value Name Enter a name for your recipe. Description (Optional) Enter a description for your recipe. Execution Type Select one of the following options:
- pre-cluster-manager-start: The script will be executed prior to the Cloudera Manager server start.
- post-clouster-manager-start: The script will be executed after the Cloudera Manager server start but prior to cluster installation.
- post-cluster-install: The script will be executed after cluster deployment.
- pre-termination: The script will be executed before cluster termination.
Script Select one of:
- Script: Paste the script.
- File: Point to a file on your machine that contains the recipe.
- URL: Specify the URL for your recipe.
- When creating a cluster, you can select and attach previously added recipes on the advanced Cluster Extensions page of the create cluster wizard.