Creating a CDSW data connection to a data warehouse
Learn how to connect natively to data stored in a data warehouse when using CDP Data Visualization in Cloudera Data Science Workbench (CDSW).
You must connect to your data prior to using the data modeling and visualization framework of CDP Data Visualization. The following steps show you how to create a new CDSW data connection to a running Impala system.
- On the main navigation bar, click Data.
The Data view appears, open on the Datasets tab.
- In the sidebar, click New Connection.The Create New Data Connection modal window appears.
- Select the Connection type from the drop-down list.
- Provide a name for the connection.
- Enter the hostname or IP address of the running coordinator.You can get the coordinator hostname from the JDBC URL of the Impala DW.
- Under Port #, enter the port number.
- Use your workload username and password as credentials.
Click the Advanced tab and make the appropriate selections. The selections below are correct for the Cloudera iedh system
- Click Test.If the connection is valid, the system returns a Connection Verified message.
- Click Connect.