Saving a table as a dataset based on the query
CDP Data Visualization enables you to save a query result as its own dataset. This is helpful when working with subsets of data, sections, or building datasets with self-joins.
When saving a query result as a dataset, follow these steps:
- Place the necessary fields on the shelves, and apply functions, sort, order, alias, filters, and so on.
- In the Create a materialized table or logical view modal window, fill
out these fields:
Enter the Name of the new table. We are using
- Choose the Type: Dataset directly from query.
- Under Create in database, choose an existing database where to save the table.
- Create a new dataset... option is on; enter the Dataset name.
- Click Create.
- Enter the Name of the new table. We are using
- A success confirmation modal appears, with a link to the new default visual on the new
- Click the link to open a new default visual on the new dataset, in