CDP Data Visualization, Data interface
The information available on the Data interface enables you to manage data needed for your visualizations and to initiate a number of operations when working with datasets.
The Data interface shows your existing data connections on the left navigation bar. You can create new connections to data sources, new datasets, and work with your data tables. The interface has two tabs: Datasets and Connection Explorer.
In the Datasets view, you can see all existing datasets on a connection available for creating visuals.
Connection Explorer view
In the Connection Explorer view, check the databases and preview table details in a data connection.
- New Connection is for connecting to any source of data.
- New Dataset is for creating datasets. New datasets are needed for developing dashboards and visuals. You can also start a new dataset from a specified table.
- For SQLite connections, Add Data enables you to introduce data from outside sources to enrich your datasets.
- You can reach new options in the Supplemental menu by clicking
the ellipsis icon. Options are:
- Clear result cache: it forces a reload of the full table definition. Clicking Refresh for individual tables performs the action on that table only.
- Import Visual Artifacts: it enables you to restore or import visual artifacts from a back-up *.json file.
- >_ Direct Access: it lets you access data on the connections directly and build datasets from specific SQL queries, as opposed to starting with an existing table.
- You can list all your datasets by clicking All Connections in the left navigation menu.
- The database area of the screen shows all databases that you can access through the current connection. Selecting a database shows its tables.
- The # Datasets column lists the number of datasets that use the particular table as their initial definition.
- You can click New Dataset to create a dataset on a specific table.
- To see more information about data tables, you can click the row of each table
and then select the distinct tabs. The information tabs include the following:
- Sample Data