Creating a Data Visualization application in CDSW
Learn how to create a Data Visualization application in Cloudera Data Science Workbench.
- Go to a project's Overview page.
- On the left sidebar, click Applications.
- Click New Application.
- Provide the following details for your new application:
- Name – Enter a name for the application.
- Subdomain – Enter a subdomain that will be used to construct the URL for the web application. Make sure it contains URL friendly characters.
- Description – Enter a description for the application.
- Script - Select the path to the startup script.
- Engine Kernel – Select the kernel needed for this application.
- Engine Profile – Select the computing resources needed for this application.
- Click Create Application.
In a few minutes, you should see the application status change to Running on the Applications page. The running application now has a hosted, fully-functional Data Visualization platform.
Click the name of the application to access the web interface of Data Visualization.
You can Stop, Restart, or Delete a CDSW application from the Actions drop-down menu on the Applications page.
If you want to make changes to an existing application, click Overview under the application name. Then go to the Settings tab to make any changes and update the application.