Changing custom field display format
In CDP Data Visualization, you can Set currency display options for numerical fields across all visuals of a dataset.
Follow these steps to continue configuring a field at the dataset level for custom format. See Changing the Field Display Format for the initial navigation steps.
- In the Edit Field Parameters window modal, under the Display Format tab, select Custom Format from the Category menu.
- Under Customize Format, enter
$appends the dollar currency symbol to the left of the number.
Ssimplifies the number by minimizing the significant numbers (which on the axes appear with a large number of trailing zeros) and appending the appropriate non-scientific (currency) suffix to the right of the number.
- Click Apply.
- Save the changes to the dataset.
- [Optional] To verify that the format applies to all new visuals that use the field, create a new visual by repeating the steps in Testing the calculated field..
Let's compare the visuals before and after we apply the custom format.
- Before we apply the custom format on the
gdpfield, the visual displays the regular currency format: real numbers in the vertical axis, prefixed by
$(dollar sign) to indicate currency.
- When we use the
$Scustom format on the
gdpfield, the visual still uses the dollar currency sign, but also simplifies/abbreviates the number and shows the corresponding currency suffix. In the case of this visual, T for trillion; this custom format transforms the representation