What's new in Data Visualization 7.0.0
Cloudera Data Visualization (CDV) 7.0.0 was released on May 17, 2022 introducing the following changes.
New features and improvements in Cloudera Data Visualization 7.0.0
- Some major updates have been made to the Bootstrap and jQuery libraries. Bootstrap was upgraded from 3.3.7 to 4.6.0 and jQuery was upgraded from 2.2.4 to 3.6.0. This change has a potential impact to customers who have created Custom Styles in earlier versions of CDV, since they would potentially contain code that references legacy Bootstrap classes or jQuery methods in their CSS and/or JS respectively. For more information, see the Custom Styles Migration Guide.
- VIZ-1115 & VIZ-1217
- You can query your data directly through a new SQL tab in the top navigation bar, and a new homepage layout has been introduced so you can quickly add and access recent queries, data connections, and datasets alongside their dashboards and applications. From the SQL tab, you can now create a new dataset or dashboard from a query with a single click. Additionally, when editing a dashboard, updating a SQL-based dataset is even easier with the new Edit Dataset SQL option from the in-visual options menu.
- [Tech Preview] Data Extracts are now available as a technical preview feature. Data Extracts help with managing the analytical capabilities, performance, concurrency, and security of data access across data connections. For more information, contact your Cloudera representative.
Fixed issues in Cloudera Data Visualization 7.0.0
- Fixed a bug where a dashboard could become uneditable after disabling Custom Styles.
- Fixed a bug where roles were not deletable from the Manage Roles interface.
- Additional bug fixes and usability improvements.
- Dashboards now appear in a searchable list in the Set Homepage interface.
- Show/Hide Password toggles in the Change My Password modal now work as expected.
- Visuals without a secondary axis should no longer display settings options for the secondary axis.