Creating Data Visualization application in CDSW
Learn how to create a Data Visualization application in Cloudera Data Science Workbench (CDSW).
- Go to your CDSW project's Overview page.
- On the left sidebar, click Applications.
- Click New Application.
- Provide the following details for your new application:
- Name – Enter a name for the application.
- Subdomain – Enter a subdomain that will be used to construct the URL for the web application. Make sure it contains URL friendly characters.
- Description – Enter a description for the application.
- Script – Select the path to the startup script.
- Editor – Workbench
- Kernel – Select Cloudera Data Visualization for the kernel supported by the Runtime variant of the CDSW project.
- Edition – Select the edition of the Runtime variant you want to use for your application.
- Click Create Application.
In a few minutes, you should see the application status change from Starting to Running on the Applications page. Your application has a hosted, fully-functional Data Visualization platform.
You can restart, stop, or delete a CDSW application from the supplemental menu of the application. If you want to make changes to the application, click Application Details and go to the Settings tab.