After you declare a new role in the Role Based Access Control (RBAC) system of Data Visualization, you can start adding the various privileges.
The following steps demonstrate how to add or change privileges defined for a specific role. In this example, Test Role 1 is used, which was previously defined in Creating new roles:
- On the main navigation bar, click the (gear) icon.
In the drop-down menu, click Manage Roles.
In the Roles interface, next to the role to edit, click the
On the Role definition interface, you can set the following
- Setting system privileges
- Setting role privileges
- Setting connection privileges
- Setting dataset privileges
- Click SAVE to preserve the new privilege assignments.