Setting connection privileges
Connection privileges are separate components of the Role Based Access Control (RBAC) system in Data Visualization. Depending on the parameters of the business case, they may be specified identically (and at the same time) for a number of connections, or set separately for each connection.
The following steps demonstrate how to add connection-level privileges to a role. In this example Test Role 1 is used.
Add another privilege by clicking the ADD PRIVILEGE
The Add Privilege modal window appears.
You can see that the default privilege type is at the Connection level, but it can be changed by selecting either Role or Dataset from the list of Component Types. In this example, Connection level access is defined.
From Connection(s), select either All connections or one
of the individual connections.
In this example, access to the samples connection is selected.
You can repeat the previous step to add more connections to this privilege.
The connection privilege for the samples connection appears on the list of privileges for the role.
By default, all possible privileges for a connection component are selected:
- Manage analytical views
- Import data
- Create datasets, explore tables
Note the following:
- The privilege type appears with the Connection icon.
- Manage analytical views and Import data are independent of one another, and they include the Create datasets, explore tables permission. If you uncheck both of these 'greater' permissions, Create datasets, explore tables becomes mutable, and can be unselected. But then you will no longer have any connection-level access components.
- This privilege may be deleted by clicking the Delete icon.
- Click SAVE at the top of the interface to save the latest changes to the role definition.
Proceed to Setting dataset privileges.