Creating date and time filters on dashboards
CDP Data Visualization can use application controls based on any parameter, including parameters that are of a date or timestamp type.
We recommend that you create the date parameter based on a field in the dataset:
- Open an existing dashboard in Edit mode.
- Switch to the Filters tab.
- Click on any date type field of the dataset.
- This adds a new date/time filter widget to the dashboard. Note that the filter widget is named for the field name.
- To configure the ranges of dates, we recommend that you explore the topic Configuring ranges on dashboard filters.
When using this new filter widget in real time, you have the following options:
- Creating date and time filters on dashboards
- Using fixed dates
- Using relative dates mode
- Using quick filters