Refreshing visuals manually in dashboards
In dashboards, CDP Data Visualization enables you to manually refresh visuals.
If you have a slow back-end data connection and your dashboard is loading slowly, you can choose to load the filters first, specify their settings, and then manually load the visuals.
To enable manual refresh of visuals in a dashboard, see Refreshing Visuals Manually on Dashboard.
- Open any dashboard in Edit mode. We opened the World Life Expectancy dashboard.
- Under Settings, navigate to the General menu, and select the Refresh visuals manually option.
- Under Filters, click on the year field to add a new filter widget to the dashboard and select 1900 from the dropdown.
- Click Save.
- Switch to View mode.
- Only the filter widget appears on the dashboard without any visuals. To view
visuals, click Refresh Visuals on the top right corner of the
The visual now appears in the dashboard along with the defined filter.
- Let us add year 1901 to the filter. As soon as we change the
filter, notice that the filter refreshes to show both the values 1900,
1901 but the visual does not refresh. The year column
continues to show only 1900 values. Also, notice that the
Refresh Visuals option again appears on the top right corner of
- To render the updated visual, click Refresh Visuals. Notice
that the year column now shows the updated values,
1900 and 1901.
- Click Save.