Creating a visual
In CDP Data Visualization you can easily create new visual representations.
The following steps demonstrate how to create a new visual:
- On the main navigation bar, click Visuals.
Click New Dashboard to open a new dashboard, in
Alternatively, click an existing dashboard, and then click Edit to make changes to it.
- In the Dashboard Builder interface, open the Shared Visuals menu, and
then click New Visual.
- The Visual Designer interface appears. See the overview of Visual Builder for Visuals to familiarize yourself with its components.
- Choose a different visual type. We chose Bars in this example.
- Populate the shelves from the available Dimensions and
- Place the dimension state on the X Axis shelf.
- Place the measure population on the Y
Axis shelf. Notice that it appears with its default aggregation, as
- Place the measure year on the Colors shelf.
- Place the measure year on the Filters
shelf. The Filter for year module opens automatically; select
2010, and click Apply.
- Click Refresh Visual.
Note the appearance of the visual.
- Change the title to
Recent US Census Results by State.
Click (pencil icon) next to the title of the visualization to edit it, and enter the new name.
[Optional] Click (pencil icon) below the title of the visualization to add a brief description of the visual.
At the top left corner of the Visual Designer, click Save.
- At the top left corner of the Visual Designer, click Close.
- At the top right corner of the Visuals menu, or any open pane, click the (expand) icon to increase its width. To shrink the size of the pane, click the (compress) icon.
You can now see the visual as it would appear in run-time environments.