Using the trellis option with areas
In Area visuals, CDP Data Visualization enables you to create Trellis charts that show different partitions (segments) of the dataset alongside one other.
This demonstration uses the visual World Population - Area, from Areas, to create trellis charts.
The following steps demonstrate how to create a new trellised area chart on dataset
World Life Expectancy [data source
- If you have not done so yet, create World Population - Area visual, described in Areas.
- Find and select World Population - Area visual, and open it in the Edit mode.
- Clone the visual, as described in Cloning a visual.
- Under Dimensions, select
un_regionand drag it over X shelf on the main part of the screen. Drop to add it to the shelf. If it is not the first (left-most) field on the shelf, drag it to the left of the field
The first element on the shelf controls the category of the trellis.
- On the Filters shelf, clear any existing settings.
- Click Refresh Visual.
The new trellised area chart appears.
- Click (pencil icon) next to the title of the visualization to edit it, and enter the new name.
- Change the title to
World Population - Area Trellis.
At the top left corner of the Visual Designer, click