Create a data connection
You must connect to your data prior to using CDP Data Visualization for modeling and visualizating your data. You can define connections to various source systems. Learn how to create a simple data connection.
In Cloudera Data Science Workbench (CDSW), you can set up several connection types, for example you can connect Data Visualization to an Impala or Hive data warehouse. For more information on connection types, see Data connections in CDP Data Visualization.
- On the main navigation bar, click Data.
- In the Data interface, click the Datasets tab.
- In the sidebar, click New Connection.The Create New Data Connection modal window appears.
- Select the Connection type from the drop-down list.
- Under Connection name, specify the name of the new connection.
- Under Hostname or IP address, specify the name of your database host, or its IP address. Use localhost when the data source is local.
- Under Port #, enter the port number.
- Use your workload username and password as credentials.
- Click Test.If the connection is valid, the system returns a Connection Verified message.
- Click Connect.
After this operation succeeds, the name of the new connection appears on the side navigation bar.