Creating a visual
Learn how you can create a visual in CDP Data Visualization.
- On the main navigation bar, click Visuals.
- Click New Dashboard to open a new dashboard in
Alternatively, click an existing dashboard, and then click Edit to make changes to it.
- In the Dashboard Designer menu, click the Visuals icon to open the Add Visuals interface.
- Click New Visual.
The Visual Designer interface opens with a default table representation of the dataset you want to visualize.
- Choose a visual type from the Visual Type Catalog that shows
the standard visual types. You can switch between visual types by selecting a different
visual type in this menu.
- Populate the shelves from the available Dimensions and
Measure fields.Shelves of a visual specify the fields and segments that provide the data for visualization. Different visual types require specific information, and have somewhat different shelves.
- Click Refresh Visual.
- Add a title to the visual by clicking into the title field to edit it.
- [Optional] Add a brief description of the visual by clicking into the subtitle field under the title of the visual.
- At the top left corner of the Visual Designer, click