- System privileges
- Role privileges
- Connection privileges
- Dataset privileges
The Role Detail interface shows a table matrix of privilege components and the specific permissions granted to the role for that component. Each row shows one privilege, with following detail:
- Set of components such as specific connection name(s), or specific dataset name(s)
- Type of privilege component indicated by an icon, such as
- Whole or partial; if granting all privileges for the specified component type, a check mark appears
- Permissions enabled on the specified components, which include:
- System privileges: Create workspaces, Manage roles and users, Manage site settings, Manage custom styles, Manage jobs and email templates, View activity logs, and Manage data connections
- Role privilages: Grant manage dataset, Grant manage dashboard, and Grant view dashboard.
- Connection privileges: Manage analytical views, Import data, and Create datasets, explore tables.
- Dataset privileges: Manage dataset, Manage dashboards, and View dashboards.
- Available actions on components, such as Edit and Delete.
See the following sections on how to add or change privileges defined for a specific role: