Hiding dataset fields from applications
You may find it useful to hide dataset fields that are not typically used for visualizations to prevent unintended bias in BI and analytics, or even to obscure confidential data. In CDP Data Visualization, you can do this by turning off the default visibility option of a particular dataset field.
The following steps demonstrate how to prevent data fields from appearing in visualizations
and applications of dataset World Life Expectancy [data source
samples.world_life_expectancy]. The fields
lng are empty, so they are good candidates for
- On the main navigation bar, click Data.
The Data view appears, open on the Datasets tab.
- In the left navigation menu, click samples.
- In the Datasets area, select World Life
- In the Dataset Detail menu, select
- In the Fields interface, select Edit
- Under Dimensions, find the field comments.
- Click (eye) icon on the
The icon next to the
commentfield changes to (slashed eye).
- Under Measures, find the fields
lng, and hide them.
- Click Save.
11fields and Measures table lists a total of
7fields, as before.
- The number of Dimensions is 11. This is calculated as All Dimensions (11) - Hidden Dimensions (1) + Segment (1).
- The number of Measures is 6. This is calculated as All Measures (7) - Hidden Measures (2) + Record Count (1).