CDP Data Visualization App Designer is an intuitive and highly configurable interface for building applications. You can use it to build applications, customize the tabs of the apps, populate the tabs with relevant dashboards. You can also style your apps with custom logos, colors, and text.
The App Designer has two tabs: App Navigation and App Style.
App Navigation view
The App Navigation view exposes all elements necessary to configuring the structure of the app: the tabs and their order, and the dashboards that appear in each tab. You can use the elements of the Dashboards menu to find the relevant dashboards for your app.
App Style view
The App Style view focuses on how to style an application.
- Save saves all changes to the app.
- Undo reverts all changes back to the last save operation.
- Launch App launches the app in a new browser tab.
- The Supplemental menu provides access to additional functions:
The Clone App option lets you clone the current app.
The New Dashboard option opens the Dashboard Designer interface so you can create a new dashboard.
The New App option opens on a fresh/blank view of App Designer, so you can create a new app.
The Delete App option lets you delete the current app.
- Workspace indicator lets you assign the app to a different workspace.
- The App Name field lets you specify the name of the app. You can change this name at any time.
- App ID appears after the first time you save the app.
- Last updated information appears after the first save, and indicates how recently the app was updated.
- Modified by information appears after the first save, and names the user who made the most recent changes to the app.
- The information icon provides in-browser instructions on how to use the App Designer.
- Add Menu Tab enables you to add additional tabs to the app.
- The main area of the App Navigation tab shows the app tabs as icons. You can move the tabs to change their order, and move the dashboards between the tabs.
- In the App Navigation interface, you can specify the name of the tab, add dashboards to that tab, change the order of dashboards in the tab, move the tab, or remove it from the app by clicking the delete icon at the top of the tab container.
- You can make changes to the dashboards in the tab: appears at the top of the Dashboards menu.
- The menu selector enables you to choose between Dashboards, Settings, Style, and Custom Style menus. The Dashboards menu is usually used for configuring the navigation of the app, and the other three menus for styling the app.
- The Dashboards menu enables you to choose dashboards for the app.
- Recently Viewed Dashboards appear at the top of the Dashboards menu.
- The Connection menu lets you select an alternate connection.
- The Dataset menu lets you select an alternate dataset.
- Dashboards in the specified dataset appear under the Connection and Dataset menus.
- In the App Style interface, you can specify and style the logo for your app.
- The content of the menu depends on the configuration choices of the App Navigation interface. However, all the styling settings appear in the Settings, Style, and Custom Style menus. The App Style interface previews all changes made through these menus.