Creating a CML data connection to an Impala data warehouse
Learn how to connect natively to data stored in Impala when using CDP Data Visualization in Cloudera Machine Learning (CML).
You must connect to your data prior to using the data modeling and visualization framework of CDP Data Visualization. The following steps show you how to create a new CML data connection to an Impala data warehouse.
- On the main navigation bar, click Data.
The Data view appears, open on the Datasets tab.
- In the sidebar, click New Connection.The Create New Data Connection modal window appears.
- Select the ImpalaConnection type from the drop-down list and enter the hostname or IP address of the running coordinator. You can get the coordinator hostname from the JDBC URL of the Impala DW.
- Use port 443.
- Click the Advanced tab and make the selections below:
- Use your workload username and password as credentials.
- Test and then Save the connection.