Using single value, with dropdown menu
In a dashboard filter, you can select a single value from a dropdown menu.
In dashboard Edit mode, hover over a filter until its
controls appear on the top right.
Click the Gear icon.
The Settings modal window appears.
In the Settings modal window, under Display
Settings tab, check the following option:
- Allow only one item to be selected at a time
- [This is on by default] Remember previous selections
Check the following sub-options:
- Select values from a dropdown menu
- [Optional] Include an option for '(All)'
Manipulate the filter widget in the following ways:
In the state filter, click the Down Arrow icon to open the menu of available choices.
The application control expands.
- [Optional] In the Search box, enter the search term and click the Search icon.
- Make your selections, as needed.
Notice that you can only select a single item from the menu.