Drill-through data discovery
CDP Data Visualization lets you navigate from one dashboard to another, with parameter passing.
Dashboards support drill through data discovery, where clicking on an element of the visual in a dashboard opens a target dashboard. You can configure drill-through to pass parameters to the target visual.
Drill-through navigation has the following restrictions:
- The navigation link is at the level of the dashboard; you cannot specify a particular visual as a target.
The parameters used in drill-through data discovery include these:
- Parameters passed to the source visual from a URL
- Parameters that correspond to the clicked element
- When navigating within an application, application scope parameters
The parameters not supported in drill-through data discovery are:
- Parameters outside the application scope
- Explicit parameters defined on the source visual
Follow this procedure to enable drill-through data discovery.
- With the dashboard in Edit mode, click an element of a visual, and select
the Navigate to Dashboard option from the menu.
The Pick a dashboard window modal. is displayed.
- Specify the option Pass current parameters when
- Click the Open Target Dashboard in menu, and select one of the options:
- Current Tab
- New Tab
- New Window
- You can use the Search bar to find the desired target
dashboard, and then select it by clicking one of the results.
Alternatively, you can expand one of the datasets, and select one of its dashboards.
- To check that the configuration leads to the correct dashboard, with correct
options, click on an element in the dashboard, and note the Navigate to
ID:145 in the drop-down menu.
- Click Save to preserve the changes to the dashboard.
- Click View to change to View mode.
- In View mode, click an element of a graph. In this example, we are clicking
on a bubble that represents Ethiopia.
When the target dashboard is displayed, it preserves the parameters of the click, and builds the target visuals accordingly.