Here is a representative view of the Jobs Log interface, its features, and the actions available to the user. By default, the Jobs interface opens on the Job Log tab.
- The Job Log tab provides information on all jobs.
- The Scheduled Jobs tab maintains the list of email jobs that run on a schedule, or are triggered by measures on the dataset reaching a defined threshold.
- The Manage Schedule Intervals tabs list all custom time intervals.
- Click Refresh to update the log information.
- Clicking Delete Selected performs a delete on all selected jobs. See Deleting jobs.
- Run Now reruns all selected jobs. See Rerunning jobs.
A sub-menu of the Job Log interface provides an option for
filtering job logs, based on their status:
- All (default)
The list of jobs in the Job Log provides the following information for each listed
Status, which could be Pending, Running, Finished, Error, or Cancelled.
- Job ID on the Job Log tab and the Scheduled Jobs tab is the same. This helps to debug performance issues.
- Log ID
- Name of the job.
- Details, such as threshold information (if any), email recipients, schedule type, and so on.
- Initiated by provides the ID of the user who started the job.
- Start Time gives the timestamp of when a job starts, in local time.
- Total Run Time reports the amount of time the query runs, approximately. Some jobs report a run time of a few seconds, others report a minute or more.
- The checkbox on the header row and on each job log entry selects the jobs for bulk deletion or a rerun.
The actions that are available for individual jobs include the following:
Details opens the information module for the job log.
Run Now reruns the job. See Rerunning jobs.
Cancel shows only on running jobs, and enables the user to cancel them.