Creating new administrator accounts
An administrator can create new administrator accounts.
The following steps demonstrate how to create a new admin account.
- On the main navigation bar, click the Gear icon.
In the drop-down menu, click Users & Groups.
The Manage Users & Groups interface appears, open on the Users tab.
Click New User.
The New User modal window appears.
In the New User modal window:
- Enter Username.
- Enter First Name and Last Name. These values can also be picked up from LDAP user definitions.
Enter Password. Consider the following when choosing the password: Ensure that the password meets the minimum security requirements specified for the CDP Data Visualization instance. See Setting user password requirements. After five failed login attempts, CDP Data Visualization locks out the user. To change the account lockout configuration settings or to unlock the user, see http://documentation.arcadiadata.com/latest/pages/topics/account-lockout-configuration.html. Check Show Password to copy the password and share it with the designated user.
- Under Permissions, select Admin user.
- [Optional] In the Groups tab, under Group Membership, use the Search box to find user groups, and assign the new user to existing groups by selecting user groups on the left list, and then clicking Add to move them to the right. For more information on adding users to groups, see additional information on adding users to Adding users to user groups.
- [Optional] In the Roles tab, under Roles, use the Search box to find roles, and assign the new user to existing roles by selecting roles on the left list, and then clicking Add to move them to the right. See additional information on adding users to roles.
- Click Save.
After the operation succeeds, you will see the Manage Users & Groups page, open on the Users tab. Note that the user ArcadiaAdmin is part of the list, the account permissions are set to Admin, and status is Active.