Here is a representative view of the Scheduled Jobs interface that shows the options for periodically scheduled jobs and the actions available for them.
- The Job Log tab provides information on all jobs.
- The Scheduled Jobs tab maintains the list of email jobs that run on a schedule, or are triggered by measures on the dataset reaching a defined threshold.
- The Manage Schedule Intervals tabs list all custom time intervals.
- Click Refresh to update the log information.
- Clicking Delete Selected performs a delete on all selected jobs. See Deleting jobs.
- Run Now reruns all selected jobs. See Rerunning jobs.
- Resume restarts all selected jobs that have been paused. See Resuming paused jobs.
A sub-menu of the Job Log interface provides an option for filtering job logs, based on their status:
- All (default)
The list of jobs under Scheduled Jobs provides the following information for each listed job:
- Job ID on the Scheduled Jobs tab and theJob Log tab is the same. This helps to debug performance issues.
- Details, such as threshold information (if any), email recipients, schedule type, and so on.
- Created by provides the ID of the user who created the scheduled job.
- Schedule, which is either one of the standard types (weekly, hourly, and so on), or a custom interval.
- Last Run
- Next Run
- Last Status, which indicates if the job is paused or active
- The checkbox on the header row and on each job log entry selects the jobs for bulk deletion or a rerun.
The actions that are available for individuals jobs include the following:
Details opens the information module for the job log.
Run Now reruns the job. See Rerunning jobs.
Pause suspends a scheduled or triggered job indefinitely, but leaves its definition intact so you can easily resume it. See Pausing jobs.